OUR Constitution 20221. The Association shall be called the Ballater Angling Association.
2. Full membership will be open to all eligible persons living within the catchment area of the River Dee west of the Cambus-O-May Bridge.
3. Eligible persons shall be persons normally living in the catchment area as described in (2). They shall be over the age of 18 and will be designated as full members of the Association. They must be proposed and seconded by full members of the Association. Full Members who move out of the catchment area will be allowed to retain their Full Membership.
4. There shall be three classes of membership
(a) Full Membership
(b) Junior Membership; up to 18 years of age - ALL junior members to be accompanied by an adult at all times
(c) Associate Members, who may be proposed and seconded by Full Members, are those who live outside the catchment area as described in (2) but are felt by the Management Committee to be a person who will contribute to the Association and its aims. Associate Members will have all the fishing rights of Full Members but they shall not have a vote at the A.G.M. and will not be able to serve on the Management Committee of the Ballater Angling Association except as defined in section 12 below.
5. Only full members shall have full voting rights. (See Section 12 for associate voting rights)
6. The Fees for all classes of membership shall be set at the Annual General Meeting.
7. The Annual General Meeting shall be held annually in the first three months of the year.
8. Notice of the date and place of The Annual General Meeting will be given to members two weeks prior to that meeting.
9. Any proposed alteration to the Constitution must be advised in writing to members at least two weeks prior to the A.G.M.
10. Twelve (12) Full Members will make up quorum for the Annual General Meeting.
11. The Annual General Meeting shall be held to elect a Management Committee of the Association, to hear and approve a statement of accounts of the Association, to receive reports from the elected officials, to set fees for the following year, to consider the fishings of the Association and advise of any changes necessary and to deal with any other competent business raised by the committee or by any member.
12. The Management Committee shall be made up of Three Office Bearers, President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five other members including up to three Associate Member. (Associate Committee Members shall have full voting rights, whilst acting as a committee member.)
13. The Management Committee can adopt any other members to fill committee places if there is a shortfall, but only until the next A.G.M. or until an Extraordinary General Meeting is called to discuss the issue.
14. An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called at any time by the Management Committee or by written request by ten (10) Full Members. Twelve (12) Full Members will make up quorum for the Extraordinary General Meeting. The reason for calling this meeting shall be notified to all members 14 days before the meeting and the business of the meeting shall be confined to that reason.
15. All members, at all times are required to follow the rules and regulations as set out by the Association, riparian owners, the various District Salmon boards and the laws that apply to fishing in Scotland. They are required to conduct themselves in the manner that reflects the etiquette and good manners that the Association expects. At all times they must not behave in any way that would bring the Association into disrepute.
16. Any member who in the opinion of the Management Committee is breaching any of the rules as set out above, or any rule set temporarily by the Association may be asked to explain their actions to the Management Committee and may be suspended from the Association or their membership might be revoked. They will have the right to appeal at the following A.G.M.
17. The Association may be dissolved at any time by an Annual general Meeting. All assets shall be shared by all fee-paying members at any time.