OUR Constitution 20231. The Association shall be called the Ballater Angling Association.
2. Membership will be open to all UK residents:
(a) Adult Membership
(b) Junior Membership; up to 16 years of age - ALL junior members to be accompanied by an adult at all times
3. New members, may be proposed and seconded by Existing Adult Members and felt by the Management Committee to be a person whole will contribute to the Association and its aims.
4. The Fees for all classes of membership shall be set at the Annual General Meeting.
5. The Annual General Meeting shall be held annually prior to the first day (1st Febuary) of Salmon fishing on the River Dee.
6. Notice of the date and place of The Annual General Meeting will be given to members two weeks prior to that meeting.
7. Any proposed alteration to the Constitution must be advised in writing to members at least two weeks prior to the A.G.M.
8. Twelve (12) Adult Members will make up quorum for the Annual General Meeting.
9. The Annual General Meeting shall be held to elect a Management Committee of the Association, to hear and approve a statement of accounts of the Association, to receive reports from the elected officials, to set fees for the following year, to consider the fishings of the Association and advise of any changes necessary and to deal with any other competent business raised by the committee or by any member.
10. The Management Committee shall be made up of Three Office Bearers, President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five other Adult Members.
11. The Management Committee can adopt any other members to fill committee places if there is a shortfall, but only until the next A.G.M. or until an Extraordinary General Meeting is called to discuss the issue.
12. An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called at any time by the Management Committee or by written request by ten (10) Adult Members. Twelve (12) Adult Members will make up quorum for the Extraordinary General Meeting. The reason for calling this meeting shall be notified to all members 14 days before the meeting and the business of the meeting shall be confined to that reason.
13. All members, at all times are required to follow the rules and regulations as set out by the Association, riparian owners, the various District Salmon boards and the laws that apply to fishing in Scotland. They are required to conduct themselves in the manner that reflects the etiquette and good manners that the Association expects. At all times they must not behave in any way that would bring the Association into disrepute.
14. Any member who in the opinion of the Management Committee is breaching any of the rules as set out above, or any rule set temporarily by the Association may be asked to explain their actions to the Management Committee and may be suspended from the Association or their membership might be revoked. They will have the right to appeal at the following A.G.M.
15. The Association may be dissolved at any time by an Annual general Meeting. All assets shall be shared by all fee-paying members at any time.